after a recent bay area pilates collective meeting, i got to spend a little time with carol lemaitre at sanchez street studios. we talked about some simple steps we can all take toward sustainability in our studios.
1. replace any old inefficient light bulbs still in the studio.
2. make it easier for everybody to recycle, recycle, recycle.
3. print less. when you have to print, use 100% post-consumer recycled paper.
4. wise up on water! no more plastic bottles...
5. adjust your thermostats (take it down 2 degrees...)
6. turn off equipment and lights when you leave for the day.
7. walk more, drive less.
8. buy, use and sell things -- equipment, apparel,etc.-- that reflect your green sensibility.
9. clean green. (carol uses 16 oz. water, 4-6 drops tea tree oil, + 6-8 drops lavendar oil. it's lovely. and effective. like carol!)
10. consider being a neighborhood drop point for CSA (community supported agriculture).
are you doing what you can? do you have other ideas? let us know!